If you have followed previous posts, you should already have a huge collection of wallpapers. If you don’t, go to previous posts to get details on how to download high quality wallpapers.
Now the next thing is to use these wallpapers. Going back to “Personalization” settings every time is really not something I’d prefer. So again, I coded up a small and handy app which can do this for us.
- It runs in background and can be controlled from System Tray.
- It can be configured to
- start with Windows.
- look for wallpapers in a specific directory. Best way to use this is to dump all wallpapers matching your resolution in one folder and configure to use that folder.
- change wallpaper once in half, one or two hrs.
- You can also manually change wallpaper by using Juggle menu or double clicking the icon.
- You’ve got the source. So, change it if you want more features. 🙂
And that’s pretty much it. I’m using it on Vista. It will NOT work on XP (or anything other than Vista for that matter) as XP doesn’t support JPEG images as wallpapers and that’s what I am using. I may update it later if I could spare some time. You can get a tool which may work with XP at Coding4Fun. And if you want you can always change the code [link below]. Updated to work with Vista and XP.
Remember, it’s not fully tested or final app. I just coded and left it when it started doing what I wanted. So, no negative testing. 🙂
Juggler.exe.zip [Independent Executable]
Juggler.source.zip [Source Code, VS 2005]
Links disabled for outdated app. Follow the link below for updated links.
UPDATE: I’ve updated this app with fixes and more features. Please navigate to the detailed post for description and download.